[mythtv-users] XvMC only with commflag or previewing?

Jon Boehm boehm100 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 6 01:13:24 UTC 2007

Hi,

Is it possible to set up myth such that it will utilize XvMC only when doing
commercial flagging or when it plays the icon size previews in the recorded
programs list?  Seems like a good use of hardware assist without sacrificing
picture quality.

I've noticed that commercial flagging takes up all of my 3.2 P4 CPU when I'm
recording 2 HD shows off of my HDHomeRun.  It's a lower priority task,
right?  It would run in less than real time if of a higher priority task
came along and requested some cpu time, correct?

Thanks,
Jon