[mythtv-users] Video Noise and VHS-to-DVD conversion (long - only read if interested)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Jan 6 11:11:59 UTC 2007

On Jan 6, 2007, at 2:43 AM, F Peeters (MythTV) wrote:

> On Sat, January 6, 2007 07:31, Brian Wood wrote:
>> In truth I suspect Isaac has given up on keeping the user's list on
>> topic, and has pretty much decided to just "put all his nuts in one
>> barrel" while the devs do the real work. Probably the best solution
>> under the circumstances.
>
> Or maybe this is close enough to MythTV to actually be considered
> on-topic?  ;-p

It's as close to on-topic as most things here. Certainly any Myth
user is interested in being able to burn DVDs, and I'd guess most of
us have a lot of old VHS tapes.

Any SD Myth machine certainly has the hardware requirements to do a
VHS-DVD transfer. It would be a rare Myth user who didn't have a VHS
machine hanging around.

It's really a philosophical question, are you a "video guy" or a
"computer guy" (no offense to any ladies present). This is one of the
rare forums where you will actually find people who are both.

BTW, a planned "part 3" will be "legal issues". I'm talking to a
couple of communications attorneys (who are friends of mine) about
that. Probably the most complex and certainly the most controversial
side of the matter.