[mythtv-users] OpenGL and Menus

bjwhite at columbus.rr.com bjwhite at columbus.rr.com
Sat Jan 6 18:19:11 UTC 2007

Can someone help?

Since 0.20's release of OpenGL menus, I haven't been able to have them
enabled because when I bring up the front end, the menus fade in and
then disappear completely (theme background still there.)   I can
navigate the menus, but can't see the text after the initial draw
animations.   I have tried many themes, so I don't think the problem is
specific to themes.

This has not been a major concern cuz I figured it was something that
would just work itself out via updates to drivers and Myth.   Anyway, I
thought I'd ask for any expert advice.

Direct Rendering IS enabled and I have other OpenGL programs that run
just fine, including Xscreensaver OpenGL photo slideshow.

NVIDIA 5500 card
Lastest NVIDIA Drivers
AMD 64 machine running custom kernel from kernel.org -- 2.19.1
Fedora Core 4 base installed 1.5 years ago and kept current with Yum
Mythtv is up-to-date with latest from ATRPMS
Sync to VBlank is unchecked in the NVIDIA X-server Settings application.
Xorg has not been upgraded to latest modularized version (FC6 stuff),
only those updates that come via YUM.

I look forward and appreciate any help.

Brian W