[mythtv-users] installing mythtv ib ubuntu

F Peeters (MythTV) francesco at fampeeters.com
Sat Jan 6 22:49:08 UTC 2007

On Sat, January 6, 2007 23:43, Jeff Holloway wrote:
> I tried installing it through yum, and through apt-get but they can't find
> the file
>

> Stef Coene <stef.coene at docum.org> wrote:
>   On Saturday 06 January 2007 23:24, Jeff Holloway wrote:
>> I am having trouble installing mythtv on my ubuntu system. I can't get
>> anything done please help me
> More info please.
> What have you tried ?

What version of Ubuntu?

If it is recent (6.06/6.10) just fire up synaptic, do search, type mythtv
and select the mythtv-suite packages and any extra's you'd like...

I have set up Ubuntu based MythTV several times now, without any
problems... So you should be able to do so as well!

*Do* make sure you have the correct repo's enabled tho! (IIRC both
Multiverse and Universe should be enabled...)

--
F Peeters
  PC-Chips M863G Geode - NVidia 440 - Hauppauge PVR250