[mythtv-users] Linux/MythTV Newbie - video card driver question

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Sun Jan 7 02:04:26 UTC 2007

On 7 Jan 2007, at 00:26, Mark Abreu wrote:
> http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#video
>
> When I look at the Nvidia section the first thing I see is that I
> should update the xorg.conf with empty "Files" and "Module"
> sections.  I don't know why I'm adding a "Files" section since
> there's already one in the file?

I clicked on the link above and I'm reading it thus:

    Normally, Axel's nvidia rpms trigger the creation of an xorg.conf
    file for use with the nvidia driver; it based on the one created
    by the installer. However, if you have chosen "minimal" when you
    installed the distro then the out-of-the box config is so minimal
    that the auto-creation step fails. The following work-around will
    take care of this problem:

I have based the above on the explanation on Mr. Wilson's website but
edited slightly "for clarity"; so you should consider the above to be
based on my interpretation of what he's saying. But if I _am_ reading
that correctly, he's only telling you to add those sections if you
don't already have them in your xorg.conf file.

Stroller.