[mythtv-users] 3Ware RAID 5 backend

Ben Dash ben_dash at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 7 22:15:21 UTC 2007

I'm thinking about getting a 3Ware Escalade 7506-4 and
doing RAID 5 with 4 750GB drives.  I've read a couple
of reviews and the write speed doesn't seem very fast
compared to the Adaptec 2400A.

Does anyone have any experience using a 3Ware RAID in
a MythTV backend, any gotchas that I need to be
worried about?  For instance, is 4x750GB beyond the
3Ware "Supporting up to 3.6TB of storage per
controller (dependent on drive capacity, 2TB per array
maximum.)" limits?

Thanks for any info!