[mythtv-users] Install Nuvexport

David Fishburn fishburn at ianywhere.com
Mon Jan 8 02:40:36 UTC 2007

> > Choose a function:  1
> >
> > Your ffmpeg installation doesn't support encoding to xvid.
> >   (It must be compiled with the --enable-xvid option)
> >
> > So it looks like I have to install ffmpeg from source
> instead of the
> > Ubuntu package.
> > Thanks, I will give that a try later on in the week.
>
> Save yourself some headaches and read this:
> http://po-ru.com/diary/fixing-ffmpeg-on-ubuntu-edgy/
>
> Worked like a charm for me.

Yes, thanks for pointing to the instructions.

I ran through the prompts of nuvexport using all the defaults and choosing
XviD.  It used ffmpeg to create my AVI file.

Next I tried to play it under Windows using:
A) Winamp
B) Nero ShowTime

Only audio was heard, no video.  I think I read somewhere on this list
someone else reporting this issue.

Then I tried to play it on Ubuntu using movieplayer.
Video codec 'XviD' is not handled.  You might need to install additional
plugins.

I googled around for a bit trying to find out how to install the mplayer
XviD plugin but came up with dead ends.

Next I tried to convert it to an iPod (MP4), same issue on Windows.  Audio
only.

Next I tried to convert it to an DivX, same issue on Windows.  Audio only.

Next I tried to convert it to an PSP, same issue on Windows.  Audio only.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave