[mythtv-users] PSP export workflow

David Fishburn fishburn at ianywhere.com
Mon Jan 8 03:10:11 UTC 2007

> I got a PSP for Christmas, primarily for the purpose of
> watching the late night news on the bus ride to/from work.
> Anybody care to share how they've set up their PSP/MythTV symbiosis?
>
> What I want is to set up a recording rule to automatically
> launch a user job which cuts commercials then transcodes to a
> PSP friendy H.264 video.
> I've got the last step down pat now, but my notes on
> automatically cutting commercials aren't very helpful.

Have you found this wiki entry yet?
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Transcoding_for_the_PDA

Peter has added the PSP entries which I use.
So what happens now is when I record the show in the Myth Frontend, I have 2
user jobs that run right after:
1.  Remove Commericials
2.  Transcode for PSP

The shows I tape typically have excellent commercial detection, so I am okay
if it misses a few spots.

I install the Transcode job with:
./pdatranscode.pl --transcoder psp --install-job-number 2 --install-job-name
"Transcode for PSP"

I install the Remove Commercials scripts with:
            UPDATE settings
               SET data='/home/mythtv/bin/removecommercials %DIR% %FILE%'
             WHERE value='UserJob1';
            UPDATE settings
               SET data='Commercial Removal'
             WHERE value='UserJobDesc1';