[mythtv-users] Partial Lock To Channel - LM But Not S - What Does The S Mean?

Andrew Lyon andrew.lyon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 16:02:07 UTC 2007

On 1/8/07, nospam312 <nospam312 at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I display Live TV the OSD usually displays three letters LMS when
> locking to a channel.  I have a few channels that only display the LM
> and not the S (i.e. partial lock).  Does anyone know what the LMS
> stands for so I can try to find what the problem is?  Is there a log
> file I can check?
>
> TIA

These letters let you know what's going on with the backend as it
tries to tune to a channel.

Lower case = seen

Upper Case = seen & good

    * l/L = Lock : This could be seen by PVR-250/BTTV users
    * a/A = PAT : Any recording transmitted in MPEG
    * m/M = PMT : Any recording transmitted in MPEG
    * g/G = MGT : ATSC only
    * v/V = VCT : ATSC only
    * n/N = NIT : DVB only
    * s/S = SDT : DVB only