[mythtv-users] XvMC on NVidia with Myth .20 (Anyonegetting goodHD off a P4 3

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Mon Jan 8 21:51:38 UTC 2007

On Jan 8, 2007, at 3:39 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:

> I seriously doubt that your SD tuner card is doing anything which
> turns
> off XvMC unless you have done interesting things in mythtv... and
> fi you
> are at that level you would not be asking the questions, you would be
> giving the answers.

:) My hypothesis was that the card was generating a file that (for
whatever reason) didn't work well under MythTV's XvMC use. I do need
to try one with mplayer (as suggested a little while ago). I've tried
HD with mplayer just fine, but assumed that the "smaller" file would
work fine - so it's never been tested.

For the archive record, without XvMC SD plays just fine. It's only
with it enabled that things get very strange.

> You can check your /var/log/Xorg.0.log file to see whether XVMC is
> properly initialized. There are also mentions in the mmythfrontend log
> output IIRC. More easily, you can run glxinfo which will tell you
> about
> the video drivers installed and used.

XvMC is enabled, and works fine with an HD-sourced recording
(PCHDTV-5000-sourced, technically). It's only a problem with a PVR500-
sourced recording. I will check the frontend setup logs and look for
differences between the two.

It is a little strange - a supposedly "easier" file (less resolution,
at least) causes problems. Odd.

Drew

--
Drew Bernat