[mythtv-users] lirc no auto-starting

Ben Dash ben_dash at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 02:16:40 UTC 2007

--- Michael Rice <mikerice1969 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >From: "s" <networks1 at cox.net>
> >I did this then rebooted, but the ir remote didn't
> work I MythTV.  So I
> >shut
> >down the frontend and issued /sbin/service lircd
> start.  This did not give
> >the normal OK response, but then when I restarted
> the front end the ir
> >worked.  Anyone know how I can debug this?
> When you want a service to start automatically at
> boot you do this:
> #chkconfig <service> on
> So for lircd:
> #chkconfig lircd on
> Did you do that?

I had a problem with a Dell Optiplex GX 270 where the
RS232 serial didn't work until a few seconds after
boot, so I had to manually insert the serial module
after boot before starting lircd.

I'd check your dmesg output to see why lircd isn't
starting properly, as one step towards debugging the problem.