[mythtv-users] Exporting files to external HD

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 03:52:14 UTC 2007

On 1/8/07, Steve Weir <sweir at pbu.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Any ideas on the best way to export recordings to an external hard drive,
> from within MythTV? I can do it outside of MythTV no problem, but I don't
> get the file names or any sort of description.
>
> I have explored a bit with the Archive plugin and such, but I don't want
> to burn them to DVD, I just want to archive the MPG files as they are.

I believe myth archive does this.  I've only used it for burning DVD's so
far, however there is an option where you select, DVD single layer, dual
layer, RW+, then file and choose the location to archive it to.  So
theoretically you could find the files you want archived,  and archive to a
file.  Anyways, in theory this should work, but again i haven't used it
myself.

> Thanks!
>
> --Steve

Sincerely,