[mythtv-users] Where to start?

Neil Bothwick neil at stfw.net
Tue Jan 9 13:12:11 UTC 2007

On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 13:00:30 +0000, Damian Surr wrote:

> > I'm using one of these http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/115007
> >
> > They're currently out of stock, but I'll be buying another when they
> > get them in.
> >
> Thanks for that Neil. Looks like a good price!
>
> Was it simple to set up with Myth?

I had it running with mplayer first, so it was easy. All you need to do
is make sure your kernel includes the correct module - VIDEO_CX88_DVB.

> The system requirements at the bottom says it needs a Pentium-IV 1.6GHz
> or higher. I have an Athlon 1.2 GHz .. not sure if that's enough for
> one of these, let alone two. What are you running it on?

I think you'll find that's the requirement for the bundled software, and
has to allow for the overhead of running Windows :( Freeview is already
MPEG2, so there's no real work in recording it to disk.

--
Neil Bothwick

If you consult enough experts, you can confirm any opinion.