[mythtv-users] modelines for plasma

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 13:21:35 UTC 2007

On 1/8/07, Lord Darkhelmet <lord_darkhelmet at accesscomm.ca> wrote:
> I have a Panasonic plasma model TH-58PX60 and not sure of how to connect
> it to myth.  My video card has DVI out and the plasma has a HDMI
> input,  do I just get a DVI to HDMI cable and call it done or do I have
> to worry about setting the modelines ?

www.monoprice.com, buy a DVI to HDMI cable. (I always suggest buying
it a little longer than you *think* you need)

Modes      "1280x720_60"
or
Modes      "1366x768_60"

should work fine. you may need to add all/any of the following as well,
        Option          "FlatPanelProperties"   "Scaling = native"
        Option          "IgnoreDisplayDevices"  "TV, CRT"
        Option          "ExactModeTimingsDVI"   "1"
        Option          "UseEDIDDpi"     "0"
        Option          "UseEDIDFreqs"     "0"
        Option          "ModeValidation"     "AllowNon60HzDFPModes,
NoEdidMaxPClkCheck, NoMaxPClkCheck, NoHorizSyncCheck,
NoVertRefreshCheck, NoEdidDFPMaxSizeCheck, NoEdidModes"

you can also try getting the EDID information and building a modeline.
using the 1.0-9746 drivers, launch X and run nvidia-settings (if you
want, you can run it from an ssh session wit the "-c :0.0" parameter),
and read the EDID output.
--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!