[mythtv-users] Gentoo, qt4 and mythtv

Phill Wiggin alamar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 18:12:26 UTC 2007

> The order doesn't make any difference, the flags simply control what
> does and doesn't get included as a dependency. You'll notice tools like
> ufed will reorder the USE keywords alphabetically(which would break
> things if order mattered).
>
> >> The best thing to do (so far as I'm aware) is to add a
> >> line in the /etc/portage/package.use file that says:
> >> media-tv/mythtv qt3 -qt4
> >
> > I'd have thought that, too.
>
> That'd be fairly pointless. The mythtv ebuild has an explicit dependency
> for qt3, so it'll get built regardless of the global use flags. It also
> uses the qt3 eclass to make sure the appropriate paths get set so only
> QT3 gets used and not QT4.

Thanks for the info, I should have looked to see what USE flags were
appropriate for the Myth ebuild before answering.  Not being snide,
but people seem to have a lot of trouble with qt4 on their myth
systems, so the portage system is obviously not working 100% correctly
for everyone.  Is there some reason that you're aware of that could
explain their problems?

-PhillW