[mythtv-users] Apple iTV - MythTV Frontend?

Fredrik Karlsson dargosch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 22:56:46 UTC 2007

Playing iTunes DRM on linux.. i don't know.
However, I saw this proposal for the second issue.

http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~sg02r/articles/airport.html

I have not tried it myself..

/Fredrik

On 1/9/07, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> Peter A. Daly wrote:
> > I know it's way to early for anyone here to have any concrete
> > knowledge...but it's maybe time to start thinking about it.
> >
> > $299 for HDTV playback device includes 40GB hard disk....nice price,
> > even better features.
> >
> > So we need:
> > 1.  To get that sucker running Linux (although maybe it's got an OSX
> > based OS that will do)
> > 2.  mythfrontend running on it
> > 3.  IR support
> >
> > Should be interesting.  If I had more disposable income, I'd pre-order
> > one now to mess around with.
> >
> > Anyone have experience with this kind of thing that can comment on how
> > possible it may be?
> Let me know when you can play your iTunes DRM protected content with
> Linux or stream it an AirPort express and I'll tell you when you can
> expect to be able to do the same with the AppleTV
>
> Kevin

"Give up learning, and put an end to your troubles."

My Gentoo + PVR-350 + IVTV + MythTV blog is on http://gentoomythtv.blogspot.com/