[mythtv-users] ATSC-110 - Cannot load saa1734-dvb

Jake Thompson jake at jakethompson.com
Wed Jan 10 03:10:37 UTC 2007

I also have an ATSC-110 on FC6, works perfectly.

Just to start testing you can do:
modprobe saa7134-dvb

This should load without a problem, make sure you have downloaded the
firmware and put it in the correct place.

You can take a look at dmesg to see if it loaded.

Next, to make it load on every startup you can add

alias char-major-212 saa7134-dvb

to the modprobe.conf file and in /etc/sysconfig/modules
create a file called dvb.modules with:
#!/bin/sh

for i in char-major-212; do
        modprobe $i > /dev/null
done

chmod +x the file, reboot and you should be all set.

-Jake