[mythtv-users] Mythtranscode - all jobs failing - error 252

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Jan 10 04:29:50 UTC 2007

* On Tue Jan 09, 2007 at 07:44:57PM +0100, Jarek Luberek wrote:
> On 1/9/07, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> >First guess would be that you're mixing versions and that your
> >mythtranscode binary doesn't understand the -j option that the JobQueue
> >uses to tell mythtranscode which job to process.  You can see what

> I don't understand, mythtranscode doesn't even list such an option.
> Svn update returns "At revision 12461"
> Which version of mythtranscode are we talking about?

That's because it's not meant for general use by users.  The -j and
-V are undocumented options for the JobQueue to use to pass information
to mythtranscode and mythcommflag.  -j passes in the JobQueue ID number
and -V passes in the numerical value of the current verbose level that
mythbackend or mythjobqueue is running as.  The -V is what allows
mythtranscode and mythcommflag child processes to honor the -v setting
that was passed in when you ran mythbackend or mythjobqueue.

--
Chris