[mythtv-users] Mythtranscode - all jobs failing - error 252

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Jan 10 04:34:49 UTC 2007

* On Tue Jan 09, 2007 at 04:44:09PM -0800, Blammo wrote:
> Thank you. I changed the runtime options on all 3 backends, and after
> the churn of the afternoon is over, i'll restart them all, and try to
> get some transcodes going.

One more question.  Did you modify the "Transcoder command" setting in
mythtv-setup?  If you did, you need to setup a proper command line to pass
in all the normal values that the JobQueue passes to mythtranscode.

That would mean having a "Transcoder command" something like these:

    /usr/local/bin/mythtranscode -j %JOBID% -V %VERBOSELEVEL% -p autodetect

    /usr/local/bin/mythtranscode -c %CHANID% -s %STARTTIME% -V %VERBOSELEVEL% -p autodetect

If you leave this field blank or set it to "mythtranscode", then the
JobQueue will generate the proper command line itself.

--
Chris