[mythtv-users] CRT specs that match TV specs for SD

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 05:10:46 UTC 2007

On 1/9/07, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:

> I am pretty happy with my Myth setup and would now like to improve my
> display.
> I use an IBM 17" monitor connected to an nVidia GeForce 6100+ card. I
> don't
> want a TV, but I'd like to get TV-quality display. What specs (dot pitch,
> contrast) should I aim for to match what a TV would provide?

What has lead you to believe that you don't have a TV-quality display?
There are two major differences between your monitor and a TV -  your
monitor is much higher resolution, and it is a progressive scan device.

If you are dissatisfied with your Myth picture quality, the culprit is
probably the capture card/compression, not the display.