[mythtv-users] seek on current hd recording

Billy Macdonald whmac33 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 10 05:35:22 UTC 2007

--- Billy Macdonald <whmac33 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>      I'm so close to solving this HD puzzle I can taste it!  I have a
> Hauppauge HVR 950 USB HD tuner on a dedicated slave backend running myth
> .20-fixes (from atrpms I think )
>
>     Tonight I upgraded my CPU from 1.6 to 2.0 Ghz and can now play HD
> recordings from the hvr smoothly with 10% cpu to spare.  (FE is also
> dedicated.  3 mythboxen in all.)
>
>   Anyway, the problem I'm having now is when I try to watch a recording in
> progress I cannot fast forward, seek, or skip.  the OSD states the end of the
> recording as being 0:01.  Once the recording finishes I can jump around
> during playback well enough.  ( note this is starting playback after finished
> recording.  I just realized I've never been watching a recording when it
> ends.  I'll have to check that )
>
>     Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Billy

Just wanted to reply that I figured out my problem.  In the database, the
BackendServerIP was incorrect.  I had previously setup a system with the same
name and it had that old IP.  Updating the database with the correct IP fixed
my issue.

 update settings set data = '192.168.0.7' where hostname = 'myth03' and value =
'BackendServerIP';

Billy