[mythtv-users] Apple iTV - MythTV Frontend?

Mark Hetherington mark at hethos.org
Wed Jan 10 06:52:34 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 10 January 2007 16:05, Jake Palmer wrote:

> I think you're missing the major point here.  The only source for 1080p
> material is Blu-ray and HD-DVD.  I already have a computer capable of 1080p
> playback.  What I don't have is access to any 1080p material.  Hence the
> desire to get a PS3.

Aside from torrent sites of dubious legality, you can also get 1080p content
from free over the air broadcasts in Australia as far as I understand it.
Unless I'm mixing it up with 1080i or some such. I'm sure there are other
sources for hi-def material, but I expect most of them will be internet
based, rather than "shiny disc" based.

Mark