[mythtv-users] Epia M10k + Cubid 2699R Case = Audio Problems

Richard Conway ric at weirdness.com
Wed Jan 10 09:57:29 UTC 2007

Hi there,

I know this is slightly off topic for this list, but I know there will
be a good few people on it who are running the following
motherboard/case combination:

VIA EPIA M10000 Mini-ITX motherboard
Morex Cubid 2699R Case

 I was wondering if anyone can help me.  I seem to be getting audio
interference with this setup - it is almost certainly a
hardware/interference issue as it occurs from the second I power the
machine on.

Basically, I can pretty much hear every hard disc operation, every
keypress and every mouse move that I do- the hard drive being the worst
offender.  It doesn't seem to be a proximity issue as I've tried
removing the drive from the case but it makes no difference.  I also
tried removing the data cable from the drive and leaving just the power
supply connected and still had the problem so I'm starting to think it
might be a power supply issue.  I've tried three different dries and the
same happened with each of them.

I was wondering if anyone running the same hardware has encountered this
problem or if anyone can suggest why this is happening?

Thanks,
Richard