[mythtv-users] Permission problem... mythtv user

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Wed Jan 10 17:44:48 UTC 2007

On 10 Jan 2007, at 15:33, A JM wrote:
> So, can you guys answer the question as to why when I created the user
> from the root account
>
> # addusr mythtv
>
> Why didn't the user mythtv get ownership of it's own directory?

You didn't ask that question. And, sorry, no, I can't.

My system doesn't have `addusr`, only `adduser`, which is a symlink
to `useradd`. Were one invoking this one would need to ensure that
the "-m" or "--create-home" parameter was set, in order to ensure a
home directory was made. I would expect permissions to be set
correctly, as long as the default ~mythtv did not already exist.

But since you already have a /home/mythtv, why don't you simply
`chown -R mythtv.mythtv /home/mythtv`?

Stroller.