[mythtv-users] Video player - remote control does not control all types

David Fishburn fishburn at ianywhere.com
Wed Jan 10 18:53:53 UTC 2007

Myth 0.20
Ubuntu Edgy
Ivtv 0.81
Kernel 2.6.18

I have copied many different files into my videos directory.
If I play .mpg files my remote functions as usual.  I can fast forward,
rewind and change the volume.

If I play .nuv or .avi files, the remote is completely unresponsive.  I have
to use the keyboard to exit.

I use the MCE Hauppauge remote control.

I am assuming I am simply missing entries in my .lircrc.  If someone has
these entries that work, could you supply them.  I am guessing the prog = is
wrong for my entries and it is most likely using a different player.

TIA,
Dave