[mythtv-users] Is it safe to use recgroup/playgroup/storagegroup for something else ?

Jerry Bett bjett80 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 20:36:25 UTC 2007

All,

I would like more 'internal' info on a show visible in Mythfrontend as
I need to do some 'preprocessing' on some files before sending them to
the transcoder or a custom job.

Preprocessing might include changing the a52 audio on my firewire
recordings to mp3 before transcoding them or running a 'noisy'
firewire recording through vlc before transcoding.  (Sometimes they
are too broken for transcode high quality to work ).

I don't see - or I'm missing - any reference to the basename in
mythfrontend ... input and channel number would be helpful. I would
also like to know if I changed the A52 to mp3.

Will I be screwing up if I used the recgroup,playgroup or storage
group field for this info .... something like storing "2730 mp3
cleaned"  in on of these fields ?

Barry