[mythtv-users] Upcoming Channel Change by Rogers Cable

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Jan 11 12:44:06 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 22:51 -0500, Thom Paine wrote:

> At the bottom of the announcement letter was a paragraph from rogers
> informing us that they don't have to inform the CRTC about channel
> lineups.

Lineups.  How about taking channels away?

Regardless of whether they have to inform the CRTC about it, a lot of
complaints will get some action.  Make yourselves a PITA to the CRTC to
the point where they have to do something.

Play up the monopoly angle.  Rogers have had a government granted
monopoly for many many years.  They should be expected to continue to
provide a level of service commensurate with that award and you should
not have to buy additional hardware beyond which you have already
invested to receive the service, bla bla bla.

Work it.

If we just keep taking the crap that our cableco's dish out to us
silently then they are going to keep dishing the crap.

Do you really want to wind up in a position of having to buy a
set-top-box for every tuner you want to put in your mythbox and for
every TV you have in the house?  That's where you will wind up if you
keep letting Roger's move channels to digital-only.

I'd be right there complaining with you, but I'm not a Roger's customer
here in Eastern Ontario.  It's Cogeco out my way.  And I won't touch
digital cable until I can without having to buy their proprietary STBs.

b.

Brian J. Murrell