[mythtv-users] NVIDIA

Doug Larrick doug at parkercat.org
Thu Jan 11 13:04:10 UTC 2007

Tom Greer wrote:
> In other words, MythTV (and X) are formatting the output to 852x480 and
> NVIDIA is scaling it to 1920x1080, then the plasma TV scales the image
> back to 852x480.

If I were you I'd put:
  Option "UseEDID" "FALSE"
in your xorg.conf as described in the nVidia README.txt.  Then your
852x480 modeline should be in effect.  This should give you the best
picture quality.

Note that the pixel size of the video output has very little to do with
MythTV's CPU consumption -- we have to decode the full frames of the
video at full size, then the video card does appropriate scaling.

-Doug