[mythtv-users] New 16:9 Theme (elkin-wide)

mikepolniak mikpolniak at adelphia.net
Thu Jan 11 14:21:12 UTC 2007

On 11:58 Thu 11 Jan     , Elkin Fricke wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> <introduction> I have been using MythTV since pre 0.19 times, first
> with an analog WinTV card and now using DVB on Astra (europe). I know
> how to build from source and build my own opensuse RPM packages. My
> home setup is an AMD 2000+ CPU and 600 Gig LVM for storage. I output
> over VGA onto a Sanyo 16:9 projector</introduction>
>
> As part of having MythTV to record shows I have had to deal with a
> quiet picky wife. The last month or so I started making a new Theme
> for MythTV to reflect the preferences of her. This theme is only wide
> screen and it is missing the over scan features on some of the
> templates (this will be fixed in further test releases). Since we have
> been using the Theme since Christmas I thought it to be good enough to
> share it with the world.
>
> Features (and non features):
>       * 16:9 only
>       * no over scan (in some places it has been improved, even more)
>       * pastel color scheme
>       * no 3d bevels (flat buttons)
>       * designed for mythtv 0.20+ (not tested on trunk)
>       * still far from finished
>
> Please feel free to download and test it. Send me feedback, patches
> and suggestions!

Yes...pastel colors are a refreshing change. It seems to work well with
my trunk version, only on ' Watch Recordings' the icons overlap the lines
of description if the text goes over 3 lines.

Personal preference is to see the mpg file size displayed on the 'Watch
Recordings' screen and for 'Upcoming/Scheduled' screen to show the
my displayname instead of the cardid ( i have 5 tuner cards).

Thanks for your work!