[mythtv-users] Daddy, what's a commercial

Damian Surr damian at gingermagic.com
Thu Jan 11 15:52:56 UTC 2007

I'm intrigued by this feature.
Currently making a shopping list of things I need to turn my old PC into
a MythTV media centre, so I've not actually used Myth yet.

How does it detect and delete/skip the commercials? Sounds clever. Does
it work everywhere, or a US thing? (I'm in the UK)
If you wanted to watch live tv, for example a 2 hour film, would you
pause the start and estimate the time of adverts, then start watching
advert free 20 minutes later or something?
Or don't any of you watch live TV any more?

Damian