[mythtv-users] Daddy, what's a commercial - [OT offering]

Andy Scott tv at andelscott.co.uk
Thu Jan 11 22:23:24 UTC 2007

In message <mailman.38427.1168548165.25534.mythtv-users at mythtv.org>,
Brian Wood writes:

>You can certainly turn off commercial skipping, but whenever I see that
>little window that says "skipped 3:00" I realize that I have just been
>given back some of my life that the advertisers wanted to take away
>from me.

Now I am 100% with Brian on this, but it leads me to wonder what the
business proposition will be for TV companies.  TV ad revenues must be
shrinking (due to proliferation of channels diluting their reach, as
well as the dedicated bunch of MythTV users) - so I'd guess that the
costs may be recovered by ever higher subscription costs.  And we're to
blame for it (yes, I'm sorta joking).

...Except for the Superbowl viewers on the list who just view the
commercials - I guess that would give back something over 2.5 hours of
your life??
--
Andy