[mythtv-users] NVIDIA

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 18:21:05 UTC 2007

On 1/11/07, Tom Greer <trgreer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If I were you I'd put:
> > Option "UseEDID" "FALSE"
> > in your xorg.conf as described in the nVidia README.txt. Then your
> > 852x480 modeline should be in effect. This should give you the best
> > picture quality.

> I've started down this road.  Unfortunately, when I insert this, X rejects
> all of my modelines and defaults to 640x480.  I haven't figured out why yet.
>  I've loaded the HorizSync and VertRefresh settings from my owners manual.
> The log files simply tell me:

I had a problem just like that on a friends system I maintain. I was
able to get around it with the following line (Under the Device
Section)

Option      "ModeValidation" "AllowNon60HzDFPModes,NoVertRefreshCheck"

Later drivers (>90.xx) solved this issue, and I've been able to
comment it out, but give it a shot and see if it helps you.