[mythtv-users] why won't my transcode autodetect setting.. autodetect?

Andy Foster fostandy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 02:27:33 UTC 2007

After upgrading my SVN build a few weeks ago, mythtv started reporting
about 90% of my transcodes as failing with exit status 255 (unknown).

After some investigation it turns out that if the transcoder field in
the record table is set to 0 (I assume this is Autodetect?), then
attempts to transcode it transcode fails. If I manually set it to
correspond to my MPEG2 transcoder (id 22), then the automatic
transcode afterworks fine.

Unfortunately this is not selectable from the mythfrontend, and when I
record a so it requires me to manually run a mysql UPDATE command.
Even if it were, having to manually set it every time I schedule a
recording is not really desireable - I would prefer it defaults to it.

Can someone tell me why the autodetect seems to fall on its pants?

A copy of my relevant tables is attached. Also available here:
http://rafb.net/p/TjcRLv32.html
More info available on request.

When I try to run mythtranscode from the cmd line:
http://rafb.net/p/qXZve514.html

thanks.