[mythtv-users] why won't my transcode autodetect setting.. autodetect?

Andy Foster fostandy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 13:47:20 UTC 2007

On 1/13/07, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> * On Sat Jan 13, 2007 at 12:27:33PM +1000, Andy Foster wrote:
> > After upgrading my SVN build a few weeks ago, mythtv started reporting
> > about 90% of my transcodes as failing with exit status 255 (unknown).
>
> What is in the logs?  If there isn't enough detail, run mythbackend
> with the "-v jobqueue" option to see more detail.

Hi Chris,
I attempted to search through -v all output once but it was so
overwhelmingly massive I didn't detect anything out of the ordinary.
I'm currently logging mythbackend -v jobqueue output and have
scheduled 2 recordings (one with record.transcoder 0, the other with
22) and will report the output when these recordings finish.

It just occurred to me some time ago I did something funny regarding
renaming the transcoder MPEG2 rule to something funny - I'm not sure
if this could have had an effect ofn anything.

> > After some investigation it turns out that if the transcoder field in
> > the record table is set to 0 (I assume this is Autodetect?), then
> > attempts to transcode it transcode fails. If I manually set it to
> > correspond to my MPEG2 transcoder (id 22), then the automatic
> > transcode afterworks fine.
>
> Works fine for me with record.transcoder set to 0 on all my rules.

seeing as it's working fine for you, would you please be able to
provide me with a dump of a couple of tables? I am looking for a dump
of codecparams, recordingprofiles and profilegroups, and possibly the
output of SELECT * FROM recordingprofiles join profilegroups on
(recordingprofiles.profilegroup = profilegroups.id) for convenience.

cheers,
Andy