[mythtv-users] Fw: Upgraded and now can't record?

Malcolm mythtv at v8-ranger.com
Sat Jan 13 23:13:17 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "brian" <turbo at talstar.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2007 2:54 PM

On Sat, 2007-01-13 at 14:47 -0600, Malcolm wrote:
> Anyone have any ideas?  Summary: upgraded mythtv from 0.16 to 0.20 and
> capture cards don't work in myth any more but work just fine from command
> line in OS.  details below.

> > Just to be sure, after upgrading did you 1) Stop mythbackend; 2) run
> > mythtv-setup;
> > delete all the capture card settings, channel sources, and input
> > settings; 3) re-enter capture card settings, channel sources and input
> > settings; 4) restart mythbackend; and 5) run mythfilldatabase?
>
> I had not done that exactly.  I had run mythtv-setup and verified all
> settings and then run mythfilldatabase.  So I just went ahead and did
> that.
> It did change all my links from /dev/video0 to /dev/v4l/video0 but
> /dev/video0 is just a symlink to /dev/v4l/video0 so it's just bypassing
> the
> symlink now.  The capture cards however still do not work from myth but
> they
> do work from command line.  I still get the same errors in the logs.

>>  Okay, so doing it your way obviously didn't work, then.  What happens
>> when you follow the advice given?

>> 1) Stop mythbackend; 2) run mythtv-setup; delete all the capture card
>> settings, channel sources, and input settings; 3) re-enter capture card
>> settings, channel sources and input settings; 4) restart mythbackend;
>> and 5) run mythfilldatabase?

Brian,

Sorry my reply was not very clear.  I did indeed try what you said.  It
makes no difference.
What I was trying to explain was what I had done prior to your email.  I
then tried what you said EXACTLY and it changed my capture cards in myth
from /dev/video0 to /dev/v4l/video0 but they are just symlinked and the same
thing.

Thanks
Malcolm