[mythtv-users] Corrupt font in Mythtv .20 after reboot

Randy Ferrill randyf at cbcast.com
Sun Jan 14 03:44:41 UTC 2007

I know this is the 3rd time posting but so far no responses..... Any
help? DO I need to supply MORE info?

I am running FC5 and Mythtv .20 with a Nvidia Geforce4 MX440 using the
1.0.8774 driver when I restart my frontend the menu's are all dark and
hard to read and the video looks like 16 color VGA. If I go into the
control panel and change the *font* this will fix the issue until I
restart again.

Also if I open an app so I can see Mythtv behind it the everything looks
correct

Here is my Xorg.conf file I am displaying on a monitor (vga analog) and
a TV (s-video)

# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "single head configuration"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
RgbPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
FontPath "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
Load "dbe"
Load "extmod"
Load "type1"
Load "freetype"
Load "glx"
Load "dri"
Load "v4l"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# generated from default
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "auto"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# generated from data in "/etc/sysconfig/keyboard"
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "keyboard"
Option "XkbLayout" "us"
Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"

# Option "DPMS"
### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
Identifier "Monitor0"
VendorName "Unknown"
ModelName "Monitor 800x600"
### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
HorizSync 31.5 - 35.1
VertRefresh 50.0 - 61.0
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Device0"
Driver "nvidia"
VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
BoardName "Unknown video card"
EndSection

Section "Screen"

# Option "MetaModes" "1024x768, 800x600"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Device0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 24