[mythtv-users] Need help with meaning of channel table fields

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Jan 15 02:40:31 UTC 2007

Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> I'm having trouble trying to configure the channel guide info correctly for
> an input obtained from a QAM-256 scan.
>
> For example, for my NBC SD channel, I currently have:
>
> chanid 2631
> channum 10
> freqid 63
> sourceid 2
> xmltvid 11326
> mplexid 9
> serviceid 1010
> atsc_major_channel 63
> atsc_minor_channel 0
>
> When originally scanned, this channel came in on 63.1.  When I go into the
> guide, this channel has Unknown info.  And I'm unable to tune to it in live
> tv - it won't go there.  The way I got to this point was do a scan within
> mythtv-setup, mythfilldatabase, and then run myth and go into live tv, tune
> to each channel, enter channel editor and type in the xmltvid and hit
> probe.
>
> For the equivalent channel from my analog input I have:
> chanid 1010
> channum 10
> freqid 10
> sourceid 1
> xmltvid 11326
> mplexid 32767
> serviceid 0
> atsc_major_channel 10
> atsc_minor_channel 0
>
> Can anyone tell me what significance the various fields have to the channel
> guide and tuning?  I'm sure I have at least one field set wrong in most of
> my QAM channels.  Thanks.

You have both setups pointing to the same stream as the xmltvid is the
same. You will have to choose one feed or the other, and adjust your
zap2it lineup accordingly by deleting the 'wrong' one. You cannot have a
channel appear in 2 different lineups. Xmltvid's are supposed to be
unique in the channel table: in fact, I am not sure how you were able to
do that...probably because you entered the xmltvid and then did the probe.

Geoff