[mythtv-users] OT Switching from DSUB to DVI

Ian Newby ian at codex.org.uk
Mon Jan 15 09:30:45 UTC 2007

Hi Folks,
I have a mythtv combined frontend/backend box which is driving my 27"
LCD tv using the dsub connection. I'm not happy with this, as via this
route the best resolution is 1024x768 while the screen is native
1280x720. I read somewhere that hdmi is basically dvi with sound, and a
dvi to hdmi cable could be used. I ordered one which should come in a
few days.

My box (an Asus Punit p1-ah1)  has both a DSUB and a DVI output from the
onboard Nvidia graphics. Its running Ubuntu 6.10.
How do I switch from DSUB to PCI? Is is just remove one cable and
replace with the other or do I have to configure something in X or the bios?

Regards
Ian Newby