[mythtv-users] First Time Installation

Erik Mouw mouw at nl.linux.org
Mon Jan 15 12:47:13 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 12:17:04PM +0000, uxbod wrote:
> I am about to embark on building a system, so that I can record Sky and integrate ZoneMinder, but have a couple of questions :-
>
> 1) I am going to use a Hauppauge PVR-350, but does the 'X' card need
> to be a highend one to get good quality images ?

PVR 350 does video out and can also run X on its frame buffer, so the
quality of the video card you use doesn't matter at all.

> 2) Will the images be of good quality on a 36" Plasma TV ?

Shouldn't be any worse than normal TV.

> 3) Are you able to record a channel (LiveTV) while watching it ?

Yes. It even happens automatically so you can pause, rewind, fast
forward, etc.

Erik

--
They're all fools. Don't worry. Darwin may be slow, but he'll
eventually get them. -- Matthew Lammers in alt.sysadmin.recovery