[mythtv-users] Output to monitor and Projector

Mr. Demeanour mrdemeanour at jackpot.uk.net
Mon Jan 15 13:49:10 UTC 2007

Damian Surr wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> On the system I'm about to build, I want the Kids to be able to use
> Ubuntu on the monitor, and then all sit back and watch a film on a
> projector. Do I need two outputs on the video card for this? Or is
> there a way of daisy-chaining them? Or a switch box or something?

A KVM switch would "switch" a single video output between two display
devices, which prolly isn't what you want. And I'm not aware of any way
to multiplex two X sessions over a single display-card output.

So you need two display card outputs, which might be on the same card or
on distinct cards. If they're on the same card, you need to be sure that
the card supports dual independent displays.

HTH,
Jack.