[mythtv-users] Output to monitor and Projector

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Jan 15 15:10:27 UTC 2007

Damian Surr napsal(a):

> Mr. Demeanour wrote:
>> Damian Surr wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> On the system I'm about to build, I want the Kids to be able to use
>>> Ubuntu on the monitor, and then all sit back and watch a film on a
>>> projector. Do I need two outputs on the video card for this? Or is
>>> there a way of daisy-chaining them? Or a switch box or something?
>>>

>> A KVM switch would "switch" a single video output between two display
>> devices, which prolly isn't what you want. And I'm not aware of any way
>> to multiplex two X sessions over a single display-card output.
>>
>> So you need two display card outputs, which might be on the same card or
>> on distinct cards. If they're on the same card, you need to be sure that
>> the card supports dual independent displays.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Jack.
>>
> I only need one running at any one time.
> Both would be nice, but not if it causes the slightest of problems
> (which I strongly assume it would)

I just got done building a 3 headed Myth box - one TV out, two monitor
outs, the kids can watch a movie and/or play games on the TV and do work
at the same time.  (Yea, right.   :~) )

Two independent login sessions and one myth session, all active at once.

I'll try to document this over the next few days.

--Yan