[mythtv-users] [OT] Samsung HDTV Question

Adrian 642040 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 17:19:39 UTC 2007

I think that they mean that there is no option in the menu to turn
overscan off.  I have on older Samsung DLP, and the overscan is pretty
bad ~5% of the screen is cut off on all four sides when connected to a
PC.  Some of the newer models have a menu option that they call PC
mode that apparently turns this "feature" off.

For me this is not a big deal.  I simply run Myth scaled to fit and I
use VNC to do admin work.

I am sure that there is probably a setting somewhere in xorg.conf or
nvidia-settings to overcome this, but I stopped looking after getting
to a workable arrangement.

Adrian