[mythtv-users] OT: Need a new HDTV

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Mon Jan 15 17:29:35 UTC 2007

On 15 Jan 2007, at 13:01, Mark wrote:
> We have a microcenter around, but it's about a 100 mile drive.  I just
> got a flyer from them,
> and they are having a huge sale on hdtv's, but they look to be off
> brand, how are those for quality?

I think the panels are produced by only a handful of manufacturers -
I think I read that there are only two manufacturers of 40" 1920 x
1080 panels, so the panel in a £900 Goodmans LCD is likely to be the
same as that in a £2500 Sony / Sharp / delete-as-applicable name-
brand TV.

Of course there are many other factors which will affect image
quality, but if you are feeding a 1:1 image over DVI then I would
expect these can be (mostly?) ignored.

Stroller.