[mythtv-users] Need help with meaning of channel table fields

Al B. brekkal at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 19:00:36 UTC 2007

> Ahhhhh, I see what I did.  I have three zap2it lineups, an analog (for the
> PVR-500), a digital with everything but the HD channels (also for the
> PVR-500, but the s-video input), and another digital with only the HD
> channels (for the firewire).  I divvied up the digital channels among two
> feeds to reduce the chance of conflicts, since the s-video and the firewire
> both use the set top box's tuner and Myth doesn't know that.

 I really don't mean to hijack your question here, but I think I made the
same mistake you did when setting up my new Myth backend over the weekend.
I've got 2 tuners: a PVR-250 and a PVR-150.  I subscribe to Comcast digital
cable, but currently have only one cable box.  So I set up 2 lineups on
Zap2it: a Comcast analog, and a Comcast digital lineup.  I created 2 video
sources (one for each lineup) and pointed the PVR-250 at the analog
lineup/source, and the PVR-150 at the digital one.  (the 150 will be hooked
up to my cable box via s-video)

However, since all channels under 100 would be the same for both lineups,
this creates unnecessary overlap...??  In other words, what I should have
done is:
 1.  Create ONE lineup (comcast digital)
 2.  Create 2 video sources - one called "analog" and one called "digital"
using the SAME lineup
 3.  Point the 250 to the analog source and the 150 to the digital source
 4.  Use the channel editor to remove channels above 100 for the analog
source tied to my 250

Does that sound right?