[mythtv-users] OT: Need a new HDTV

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Mon Jan 15 21:14:26 UTC 2007

Jake Palmer wrote:

>Most HDTV's made today are either 720p or 1080p.  The key to smooth motion
>is in the letter, not the number.  Progressive will look better than
>interlaced, regardless of resolution.  And unless you have a very large TV
>(50+"), you'll be hard pressed to see the difference in resolution at a
>normal viewing distance (8-10').
>
>Jake

I've had some time today to look at this information.  It looks like the
1080p requirement is a non-issue,
as there isn't any real content out there anyway.  It looks like there's
a nice Olevia 37" 537H at abc warehouse
for around $800.  Any opinions on Olevia sets?

It's got a tuner, and is 37".  Good contrast ratio and is an 8ms set.