[mythtv-users] Silent Power SUpplies

Imran K gururug at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 04:36:51 UTC 2007

THe main thing holding me back in the PVR/HTPC areaa are damn noisy power
supplies.

Case and point, I forked out for a Silverstone LC19, EPIA, etc. as I thought
this "external DC" power supply would be near to silent.

Turns out internal compenent of the supply likes to emit a high pitched
whine while the machine is switched on. Funny thing is I have an almost
silent supply in a thin tower (still fits full size pc cards). This is quite
a cheap product too.

Any tips on quite full sized and epia dc supplies that are high quality and
quiet as a mouse?

--
IK