[mythtv-users] Getting hooked up to xmltv

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Tue Jan 16 05:17:52 UTC 2007

MythTV Users,

I'm in Tokyo, Japan and my understanding is that I can get schedule
information for Japanese broadcast TV from ontvjapan.com.

Of course, this requires proper set up of XMLTV with MythTV, which I
clearly haven't succeeded at yet, because all channel information comes
up with "Unknown".

I've tried as much as possible to follow instructions on the MythTV web
site and even some sources in Japanese, but I'm missing something.

What I have succeeded in doing is to get MythTV to scan and detect all
the local channels. They have their names and xmltv ids in place (at
least it seems to in the database).

I know I'm supposed to use mythfilldatabase, but it reports "Failed to
fetch some program info".

There's also a tv_grab_jp.conf file with a listing of xmltv ids in the
~./xmltv directory.

I've also downloaded and attempted to run a tv_grab_jp perl script.

Everything seems almost in place, but I feel I'm just missing the right
info in the right place somewhere in all this.

Any advice much appreciated.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS