[mythtv-users] Lost sound again

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Tue Jan 16 09:08:15 UTC 2007

When I used Ubuntu Dapper and MythTV 0.18 this happened all the time.
Sound would work fine for a while and then when rebooting it just
wouldn't work in MythTV, but worked fine in everything else.

Going into MythTV setup and toggling between PCM and Master and making
sure the sound level wasn't set to 0%, followed by a couple of reboots
usually fixed it. However, I never got to the root cause of the problem,
which annoyed me intensely!

After a fresh install of Edgy and Myth 0.20 the problem has never
recurred (I hope I didn't speak too soon:).

Ian.