[mythtv-users] Streaming radio

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 15:28:31 UTC 2007

On 1/16/07, Henrik Gammelmark <mythtv at geemark.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> First of all, I know that this may have been asked a million times
> before, but it seems that a lot has changed with MythTV the past months,
> with new releases etc.
>
> I would like to have a clean and simple interface that provides a list
> of pre-configured streaming radio channels, and has a nice playing
> status window that displays of course the station being played along
> with meta information such as buffer status etc, and I would really like
> to have it display the title of the current (and previous) played tracks
> (using Winamp/ShoutCast streams from di.fm).
>
> Is there any plugin that can handle this at the moment, and works with
> the SVN version of MythTV? Google turned out MythStream
> (http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~moongies/streamtuned.html), but it seems
> rather heavy and not sure it works with recent versions?
>
> I have previously tried out a few ones that caused more harm than good,
> so any input what be nice.
> Thank you in advance

Eskil has a patch for MythMusic, which he keeps up to date, at
http://eskil.org/mythtv/

There is also MythStream which you linked to. It compiles for 0.20 and
SVN. Its a little strange in how it works, and isn't completely remote
friendly, but it works relatively well and the interface is pretty
clean.

In all though, MythMusic is probably the most used and most neglected
plugin. It needs a lot of work.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!