[mythtv-users] New house - any advice?

robin robin at robinandmariette.com
Tue Jan 16 15:32:27 UTC 2007

Thanks for the advice Justin. If I'm going to be investing in some frontends
I think I'd like it to be set up for HD so that I wouldn't have to replace
them down the road (depending of course on the price difference).

Has anyone got a diskless HD solution working that they would recommend?

I had no idea CAT5e would be able to carry USB, firewire and HDMI. With HDMI
I wonder if it would be possible to have a single backend/frontend running
in the utility room feeding my HDMI inputs on various TV's throughout the
house, doing away with the remote frontends. I get brain cramps trying to
think this stuff through.

-Robin